Field Operator/Robotic Technician
About the job
We are looking for a technician to perform and support in-field robotic inspection operations throughout North America. The individual will be responsible for carrying out inspections with a robotic crawler which will include operation of the robot, ensuring data integrity, and navigating power plant and industrial environments. The individual will play a key role in ensuring customer needs are met. When not in the field, the individual will be responsible for maintaining electromechanical equipment including gears/motors, cameras, actuators, control boxes, cables, etc.
- Operate, maintain, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and mobilize/demobilize robotic inspection tools and equipment
- Interface with customer representatives and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance to schedule
- Solicit and relay customer feedback for the purposes of improving quality and scope of services
- Complete trip reports, expense reports, and other paperwork covering activities in the field
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical details of company service offerings and tools
- Read and interpret instructions, schematics, and assembly drawings with limited supervision
- Inspect parts for defects and assemble per instructions and/or assembly drawings
- Solder electrical components and wiring
- Route and fasten cables & wiring per manufacturing standards
- Tag or mark identifying information on components or assemblies
- Measure, mix & apply a variety of chemicals and adhesives
- Use hand drill, drill press, grinder and other assembly tools as required
- Document issues with documentation package found during assembly
- Inspect and test completed assemblies & sub-assemblies
- Perform other activities as directed
What we're looking for
- Must have significant hands-on experience working with electrical and mechanical devices/tools
- Must be able to build to assembly drawings and follow assembly instructions and processes
- Must be discreet, energetic, self-starting, self-managed, highly ethical, and have impeccable attention-to-detail and time-management skills
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be a team player with personality traits and communication skills that enable him/her to work with all levels of staff, vendors, and customers
- Plus if previous experience in power or related heavy industry and an understanding of how plants operate, handle outages, etc.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Field work will be performed in OSHA confined spaces.
- Travel percentage: Field Inspections 50-70% during spring/fall and ~10% summer/winter (all domestic for now)
- Compensation: Base wage + field work bonus
- Benefits: PTO, Health Benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Training: Jobsite training including operation of robotic equipment and hands-on training for electromechanical assembly.
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line “Field Operator: Last Name, First Name”
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)
- OPTIONAL: A video of you answering the questions below no longer than 2-3 minutes (must be sent by sending a link)
- What is your name?
- Describe your current or most recent situation (What company are you working for? What do you do? Are you still in school or did you just finish? What was your major? etc.)
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Can you describe your toughest job?