About the job
We are looking for a Controller who can demonstrate extensive working knowledge of accounting, finance, tax matters, and GAAP compliance. Candidate must have excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills. The controller will have a wide purview of all things finance and accounting as the first dedicated finance professional and will be crucial to enabling the company’s growth plans and buildout of the finance organization.
- Accounting operations, financial reporting, managing domestic and international audits, treasury management, tax prep/compliance with our CPA firm, oversee automated payroll system, and development of supply chain and purchasing processes.
- Manage and improve month-end close activities. Create journal entries, account reconciliations, roll-forwards, and variance analysis. Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Contribute to implementations of additional accounting, purchasing and reporting infrastructure and pair with engineering departments to test assumptions and validate data.
- Improve processes and controls and expand the finance organization to appropriately staff these needs.
- Self-Starter, Analytical Skills, Communication Skills
- Able to connect business needs to solutions
- 4+ years progressive public accounting / corporate accounting experience.
- Plus if Big 4 auditing experience or CPA with another firm.
- Reporting experience and data proficiency (VBA and SQL) a big plus.
- ERP implementation and control environment design and implementation
- Travel percentage: ~5% (remote location audits)
- Compensation: includes base salary + bonus
- Benefits: PTO, Health Benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Training: Gecko financial systems and processes as well as jobsite training including operating a few inspections to better understand the technology/services/customer.
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line “Controller: Last Name, First Name”
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)