About the job
We are looking for an EHS Officer who can demonstrate extensive working knowledge of regulatory requirements in the manufacturing, power and refinery industries, have excellent communication skills both written and oral with an emphasis on public speaking and presentations and have a strong working knowledge of principles of accident prevention, root cause analysis, loss control and risk identification to safety programs.
- Develops and implements EHS policies, standards, guidelines and programs to meet the overall strategy for the prevention and control of EHS risks to include, prevention of injuries, hygiene, clean air and clean water act compliance, records and permits, hazardous waste and EPA compliance, wastewater operations.
- Assures compliance of company operations to all applicable laws regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures to include knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statues related to individual company locations.
- Maintain Gecko’s Grade-A standing in ISNetworld and Avetta.
- Re-enforce daily safe working practice by employees and contractors as per procedure.
- Assist in new employee and contractor EHS orientation training.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents, near miss and routine inspection result.
- Maintain all EHS record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate routine general condition inspection.
- Train employees on all necessary EHS programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and analyzes safety information reporting, consolidates and reports key EHS statistics monthly, quarterly and annually as required.
- Report and provide feedback to management using statistical data
- Creation of additional management systems, i.e., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 50001 to ensure conformance with standard requirements.
- Attend meetings, company events and trainings to keep informed of the latest developments
- Self-Starter, Interpersonal and Leadership qualities, and Program management
- Able to connect business needs to solutions
- Proven experience working with Environmental regulations, EPA, DOT Regulations, MSHA and OSHA Compliance and Reporting, Safety Audits, and maintaining Safe and Healthy work environments
- Previous work experience with ISNetworld, Avetta, Browz, PEC
- 5+ years experience in an EHS role with leadership responsibilities.
- Plus if previous work experience in power, petrochemical or related industrials
- Plus if having technical subject matter expertise of NDT services, robotics, engineering or power/petrochemical processes
- Travel percentage: 20% (Safety audits and customer site visits)
- Compensation: includes base salary + bonus
- Benefits: PTO, Health Benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Training: Gecko EHS manuals, procedures, and policies and training programs. Review of our ISNetworld and Avetta accounts and other leading accrediting bodies such as ECCS, TWIC, MSHA, OSHA10, etc. Jobsite training including operating a few inspections to better understand the technology/services.
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line EHS Officer: Last Name, First Name”
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)