About the job
The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in the design, testing, and analysis of robots for industrial operation.
- Works closely with a multi-disciplinary team to design precision electro-mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots problems in manufacturing, assembly, and field use of components analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Performs detail drawing and drafting of fixtures, mechanical parts and assemblies, and other components
- Prepares or directs preparation of product and user documentation
- Operates robots at customer locations to test and improve designs.
- Part and assembly design, from concept to detail design to manufacturing introduction.
- Detailed mechanical design for a wide range of production fabrication processes in order to optimize performance and cost.
- Create, manage, release, and maintain BOM’s.
- Mechanical modeling and testing of components.
- Validation of components in system configuration.
- Coordinate with software and electrical engineers to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and suppliers to transition concepts to production.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 2-6 years experience in designing and building mechanical systems for industry applications
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical theories, including FEA and controls
- 2+ year experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Robotics experience preferred
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
- Experience in machining and rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Thrives in a team environment and works well independently
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of formal methods of design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical team members
- Highly self-motivated and enjoys self-directed learning
- Excitement for working in a small company environment with the possibility of being asked to solve problems significantly outside of normal job duties
- Passionate about providing great products.
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line "Mechanical Engineer: Last Name, First Name"
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)