Sales & Business Development
About the job
We are looking for a competitive sales and business development representative to join our growing sales team as our third sales hire. The individual will be responsible for growing new business, developing new sales tactics, and guiding product development and rollout. The individual will play a key role in increasing revenue by generating leads, qualifying prospects, managing contracts with clients, and refining the sales process.
- Entrepreneurially minded to improve sales and technical products/services
- “Get the sale” by cold calling, visits to the field, trade conferences, webinar presentations, etc.
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customers’ capabilities, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Attend meetings, company events and trainings to keep informed of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using statistical data.
What we're looking for
- Self-Starter, Prospecting Skills, Closing Skills, Presentation Skills, Customer Service
- Able to connect business needs to solutions
- Proven Sales Experience or strong aptitude for sales
- Plus if previous experience in power or related heavy industry and an understanding of how plants operate, handle outages, etc.
- Travel percentage: at least 50% (all domestic for now)
- Compensation: includes base salary + generous commission and equity
- Benefits: PTO, Health Benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Training: Gecko sales process and toolkit as well as on jobsite training including operating a few inspections to better understand the technology/environment
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line “Sales & Business Development: Last Name, First Name”
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)
- OPTIONAL: A video of you answering the questions below no longer than 2-3 minutes (must be sent by sending a link)
- What is your name?
- Describe your current or most recent situation (What company are you working for? What do you do? Are you still in school or did you just finish? What was your major? etc.)
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Can you describe your toughest sale?