About the job
- Designs and develops firmware, graphical user interface software, motion control software, or data analysis and display software for our products
- Conducts tests to verify the implementation of new features and the proper operation of products
- Uses critical thinking skills to debug problems and develop solutions to these problems
- Interacts with other engineers in a team environment
- Provides and reviews technical documentation
- Operates robots at customer locations to test and improve designs.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Thorough knowledge of at least one object-oriented language required
- Motion control, ROS, real-time software, machine learning, signal or image processing, web development, UI design, or development operations experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of C, C++, or Python programming preferred
- Understands the requirements of both graphical and embedded development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thrives in a team environment and works well independently
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of formal methods of programming design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other engineers
- Self-motivated and self-learning.
- Excitement for working in a small company environment with the possibility of being asked to solve problems significantly outside of normal job duties.
- Passionate about providing a good customer experience.
This is important. Website applications or emails not containing the below will be discarded.
To be considered, please apply on our website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should contain:
- A Subject line Software Engineer: Last Name, First Name”
- Your Resume (please use website form or send an email with an attachment)